South San Francisco, CA
Job Title: Production Manager Trade Show & Events-MD
# Positions: 0
CORT, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the nation’ s leading provider of transition services, including furniture rental for home and office, event furnishings, destination services, apartment locating, touring and other services. CORT Trade Show & Event Furnishings is the leading nationwide provider of rental furnishings for the exhibit and events industry. From high-profile special events to corporate meetings to weddings, CORT provides the rental furnishings that make exhibitions and events possible. CORT also provides rental furniture to the majority of trade shows and conferences in the nation, including shows and events in Canada. For more information on CORT Trade Show & Event Furnishings, visit www.CORTevents.com.
The Warehouse Lead coordinates with the Operations Manager to manage the loading, unloading, repair, maintenance, warehousing, and inventory control of short-term rental furniture both in the warehouse and at trade show and event sites. Also, coordinates delivery schedules and logistics with sales team, clients and management. Works with the Operations Manager to control labor, inventory, supplies, truck, and transportation costs. Manages drivers, warehouse and temporary labor personnel in a 24-hour a day business environment to assure efficiency and safety & manages payroll. Works evenings and weekends as necessary. May be required to drive a truck to and from delivery sites.
- Manages Operations Team members (both CORT employees and temp labor) throughout the employee life cycle from hiring, setting expectations, monitoring performance, providing feedback, development, progressive discipline, and termination.
- Manages the control, condition, and security of inventory
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and furniture.
- Responsible for proper staging, loading and unloading of furniture.
- Manages the scheduling, routing, and control of all trucking activity
- Ensures that safety standards are adhered to in all areas of the warehouse.
- Provides necessary training on basic furniture repair and safety (including OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, lift operations certification, and safety meetings.)
- Responsible for insuring accurate and timely cycle counts.
- Associates Degree with 3 + years related industry experience or at least 6 years related industry experience without a degree.
- Excellenct computer & MS Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Ability to self-direct and work independently.
- Management experience with demonstrated ability to develop employees and maintain effectiveness with peers.
- Excellent communication skills, reasoning skills, and computer proficiency skills.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Ability to make minor repairs to furniture and to match colors.
- Must be at least 21 years of age (if driving is required for the position) and must be at least 21 years of age and must have local state driver’ s license and safe driving record.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. perception, and ability to adjust focus.